MT. PULAG (AMBANGEG TRAIL)
- Major jump-off: Ambangeg Ranger Station, Bokod, Benguet
- LLA: 16°34’58″N 120°53’15″E, 2922 MASL
- Days required / Hours to summit: 4-5 hours / 1-2 days
- Specs: Major Climb, Difficulty 3/9, Trail class 1-2
- Trail system: Grand Cordillera Trail, Section 3 Features: Sea of clouds, dwarf bamboo slopes, pine forests.
Mt. Pulag is the 3rd highest mountain in the Philippines. It is Luzon’s highest peak at 2,922 meters above sea level. The borders between the provinces of Benguet, Ifugao, and Nueva Vizcaya meet at the mountain’s peak.
- 2300 Take bus to Baguio City
- 0500 ETA Baguio City. Breakfast then proceed to jeepney terminal/chartered jeep.
- 0700 Take a chartered jeepney to Ambangeg.
- 1000 ETA Visitors’ Center. Registration
- 1130 Set out for Ranger Station1230 ETA and lunch at Ranger.
- 1300 Start trek 1430 ETA Camp 1
- 1600 ETA Camp 2. Set up camp
- 1800 Dinner at campsite; socials Orientation
- 0430 Early morning trek to summit for sunrise
- 0545 Arrival at summit just in time for sunrise
- 0700 Start descent from summit
- 0800 Back at Camp 2; heavy breakfast
- 0900 Decamp; start descent to Ranger Station
- 1130 Back at Ranger; Settle guide fees; jeepney descent
- 1230 Back at Visitors’ Center; tidy up and log out
- 1400 Head back to Baguio City
- 1700 ETA Baguio City. Dinner.
- 1900 Head back to Manila
- 0200 Back in Manila
Enjoy Benguet ❤️