Estimated Budget: PHP 430.00
- Major Jumpoff: Mountaineer’s Store, Brgy. 7 “Siete,” Cuenca
- Exit point (traverse): Brgy 5 (to Grotto), Cuenca
- LLA: 13°55 N; 121°2 E; 706 MASL (Rockies) / 930 MASL (summit)
- Days required / Hours to Rockies / summit : 1 day / 1-2 hr / 2-4 hr
- Specs: Minor, Difficulty 3/9 (Rockies); 4/9 (Traverse) Trail class 1-3.
- Features: Scenic views of Taal Lake, rock formations, forests
How to get there:
Take a Lemery-bound bus from bus terminals in Cubao/Buendia for 2.5 hours, or you may take a bus to Lipa then take a jeepney to Cuenca (P28). Ask the bus or jeep to drop you off at Poblacion (town center) along the highway. From there, you can either walk to the jumpoff or take a tricycle. The tricycle will detour you to the Barangay Outpost. Registration Logbook at barangay outpost. Guide Fee: P400/5 persons/day for the regular trail and P1000/5 persons for the traverse.
- RT Bus to Poblacion – 300.00
- RT Tricycle – 30.00
- Registration – 20.00
- Guide Fee – 400.00/5 pax
Total Budget: PHP 430.00
- 06:00 Board Lemery-bound bus from Buendia or Cubao
- 09:00 ETA Cuenca Poblacion – Highway. Walk or take a tricycle to jump-off.
- 09:30 Start Trek
- 11:15 Arrival at the campsite. Head to the Rockies
- 11:30 Rockies. Photo ops
- 12:00 Return to campsite for lunch
- 12:30 Start Trek to summit
- 14:00 Mt. Maculot Summit
- 14:30 Start Descent
- 15:30 Back at jump-off. Tidy up then head back to the highway from Manila-bound bus.
Enjoy Batangas ❤️