Whaleshark Watching and Tan-awan Cangcuay Modern Villa Resort
Estimated Budget: PHP 822.00
Oslob is located in southern Cebu and known for whale shark interaction and became popular all over the world. Many tourists fly to Cebu to swim with whale sharks, the world’s largest fish. You will see the whalesharks fed by fishermen along the coastline of Tan-awan.
How to get there:
From the city, head to the South Bus station. Take a bus ride going to Bato via Liloan. Don’t forget to ask the conductor to drop you off to Brgy. Tan-awan in Oslob for Whaleshark watching. The trip will take about 3-4 hours.
- Watching (30 mins)
- Local Guest – Php 300.00
- Foreign Guest – Php 500.00
- Snorkeling (30 mins)
- Local Guest – Php 500.00
- Foreign Guest – Php 1000.00
- Scuba diving (1 hour)
- Local Guest – Php 600.00
- Foreign Guest – Php 1500.00
Where do I stay?
Before I left the city, I searched thru the internet where to stay in Oslob. After, I decided to have an overnight in Tan-awan Cangcuay Modern Villa Resort which I saw on facebook. Unfortunately, when I arrived at the resort, it was already closed but Kuya Tuying (son of the owner) helped me out. He talked to her mom, *fingers crossed*, and tadah.. I was allowed to enter the villa. Yey! He asked me to only pay the entrance fee and no need to shell out for the stay. Super kind, woohoo!
The entrance fee includes unlimited use of the facilities but in a first come first serve basis. There were only three available rooms for overnight accommodation. Tents for rent are also available for those who wish to go on an overnight stay. They also offer an island trip to Sumilon Island for Php 3, 500.00 good for 16 pax.
To my surprise, I find it a bit exhausting to go along the shore because you have to take more than 200 steps down. You want some exercise? Oh, try going up and down with the sun’s glaring heat. Lol!
- Day-Use Entrance Fee – Php 100.00 per person
- Overnight Camping Fee – Php 150.00 per person (tent pitching for free)
- Tent Rental – Php 1,200.00 good for 4 pax , Php 1, 800.00 good for 6 pax (check in is 5:00pm)
*No corkage for food (bring as much as you want).
*Entrance Fee is inclusive of cottage and shower facility.
*No reservations; “First come, first served” rule applies for cottage and tent space.
- Sumilon Island – 15 mins from Oslob by a motorized boat
- Tumalog Falls – 10 mins away from whaleshark watching by habal-habal or private car
- City to South Bus station – 7.00
- Bus from terminal to Oslob – 154.00
- Villa Entrance Fee – 100.00
- Whaleshark watching – 500.00
- Oslob to Terminal – 154.00
- Terminal to City – 7.00
Total Budget: PHP 822.00
- 20:00 Head to South Bus Terminal
- 20:30 Depart to Oslob
- 00:30 ETA Tan-awan Oslob
- 01:30 Settle, rest and sleep
- 05:00 Wake up for breakfast
- 06:00 Bought ticket for Whaleshark watching
- 08:00 Whaleshark watching, swim, and snorkel
- 09:30 Back to Villa Resort
- 10:00 Explore the Villa, Photo Ops
- 12:00 Lunch
- 13:00 Swim. Free time
- 16:00 Depart Oslob
- 20:00 ETA South Bus Terminal
- 20:30 Arrival in the City
Enjoy Cebu ❤️