Estimated budget: PHP 274.00
Kawasan Falls is located in the mountains of Barangay Matutinao, Badian in Cebu. It is a 20-30 mins trail walk along the Kawasan River. It consists of three-tiered cascading falls. The first one is the largest among the three and is the most crowded. Going to the second falls is easy and will take you for about 15 mins. While the third one is a bit challenging ( I didn’t go there, lol). You should be very careful in going up and down the falls to avoid mishaps.
How to get there:
From Cebu South Bus Station, take a bus ride going to Badian via Barili. Just tell the driver to drop you off to Matutinao Church, that’s for about 3 hours. The entrance going to the falls was at the right side of the church. From there, you will see some locals offering a guide, make sure you don’t get one coz you can do it alone. There’s a clear path all the way to the falls. Walk uphill for 15-20 mins to reach the first waterfalls.
- City to South Bus Station – Php 7.00
- Bus station to Badian – Php 120.00
- Entrance Fee – Php 20.00
- Badian to South Bus Station – Php 120.00
- South Bus Station to City – Php 7.00
Total Budget: PHP 274.00
Available for Rent:
- Raft – Php 300.00
- Table – Php 500.00
- Cottage – Php 1,500.00 – 2,500.00
- Life vest – Php 50.00
- It is better to bring in your own food because the resort’s restaurants are too pricey.
- If you are going there for a day tour, be sure to bring a flashlight because the trail back is very dark and creepy. Lol
- The path is not so easy, so please wear comfortable shoes.
- Go there on weekdays to avoid a lot of tourists and visitors in the area.
- Parking is available for private vehicle near the church.
Enjoy Cebu ❤️